Monday, February 25, 2008

Daddy and His Little Girl







I often find Ryan in the bathroom with Lizzie peering into the mirror asking, "Doesn't she look like me?" He isn't really asking me to tell him "yes", rather he is telling me that Elizabeth looks like him. I laugh and say, "Yes, she looks just like you." Ryan is such a great Dad!






The other day I was listening to WSCG and overheard one of the hosts saying that he takes his daughter on a monthly date. The purpose of the date is for the dad to show his daughter what "true love" looks and acts like. I told Ryan that he is going to have to start taking Lizzie on daddy daughter dates ...what a great idea. Eventhough she is just shy of being 5 months old, as Christian Parents we are already praying that God is preparing a god fearing man to be her husband (although we have already told her she can't date until she is almost 30 :)).






"Walk a Little slower, Daddy." said a little child so small.I'm following in your footsteps and I don't want to fall.
Sometimes your steps are very fast, sometimes they're hard to see;So walk a little slower Daddy, for you are leading me.
Someday when I'm all grown up, You're what I want to be.Then I will have a little child who'll want to follow me.
And I would want to lead just right, and know that I was true;So, walk a little slower, Daddy, for I must follow you!!
~author unknown






No comments: