Friday, August 8, 2008

Growing up

Daddy & Lizzie all tuckered out - the day we can home from vacation.













We took Lizzie with us to vote this past Tuesday. I told her that I am going to teach her at a very young age that it is important that she votes b/c we are blessed to have the opportunity to express ourselves in a democratic system of government (I'm sure she doesn't understand our political system yet...its a little complex, but that is why I plan on starting young!)






The other night I was making dinner and this is where Lizzie ended up. She became a prisoner of the kitchen table. I'm not sure how she got under the chair b/c it took a lot of work to free her.



Grandpa and Grandma W. are on vacation and will not see Lizzie for 3 weeks, so we are in the process of keep them updated via our posts (so for those of you who visit our blog regularly, you may see more posts than normal).

Lizzie is very excited because she is beginning to stand unassisted for short periods of time (seconds) and she can also walk behind her toy unassisted. I can't believe how quickly she is changing.

2 comments:

Kim said...

It's so exciting when you first kid starts to walk, however, wait till you have the 2nd one, you won't want them to become mobile.

Leslie Griffen said...

Too cute!!!