Monday, April 14, 2008

THIS is the day that the Lord has made.




Did I ever mention that Max Lucado is my absolute favorite author. If you've never heard of him, which I can't imagine that you haven't, check out his website: http://www.maxlucado.net/.






I recently read the first chapter from his book, "Everyday Deserves a Chance" and it was exactly the thing that I needed from God to get me through the day. Lucado's imagery and explanation of God's word always cause my heart to flip and say, "ah hah".






In reference to a bird taking a dump on him while he was writing on a beautiful beach, Lucado says the following: "Birds have a way of messing things up, don't they? Count on it: into every day a bird will plop.



Traffic will snarl. Airports will close. Friends will forget. Spouses will complain...And what about those days of crisis? You never leave the hospital bed or wheelchair....who has good days on these days?



Most don't but couldn't we try? Such days warrant an opportunity. A shot. A try. An audition. Doesn't every day deserve a chance to be a good day? After all, "this is the day the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it" (Psalm 118:24 NKJV).






Lucado goes on to say that the word This doesn't just refer to vacation days, wedding days, Christmas...you get the point. This is the day includes every day. The days that you pay taxes, get a rotten phone call, send your first child off to college etc. God made this day and ordained each hour of it; so he calls us to rejoice in it. When rejoicing in it, especially during the difficult times we need to remember that "You no longer have yesterday." "You do not yet have tomorrow." "You only have today." This is the day that the Lord has made.






I leave you with Lucado's final thoughts:






Saturate your day in his grace - "I tell you in solemn truth," replied Jesus, "that this very day you shall be with me in Paradise" (Luke 23:43)






Entrust you day to his oversight. - "Give us day by day our daily bread" (Luke 11:3)






Accept his direction. - "If any of you want to be my followers, you must forget about yourself. You must take up your cross each day and follow me" (Luke 9:23)






Grace. Oversight. Direction ...see it G-O-D






No comments: